Well, we had one more Christmas that we went to this year and it has taken several days to figure out what I want to say about it. If you have read my very first post EVER, you will know that my mom and I are on two very different pages. We are not going to go into that, but needless to say...I wasn't looking forward to going as much as the other Christmas's.
But, we will get back to our evening...we showed up late. Shock, I know, but in my defense, it had snowed ALL day. So it took me longer to stop, get a Sprite and drive clear across town...but we finally arrived.
Everything went fine. I think everyone was just exhausted from the long day. No one was jumping up and down just so excited or anything, but we all had a good time and stayed way too long. With no nap, Madison is less than fun :) Here are a few pics....
 |
| Kenzie CAN. NOT. wait to go shopping! |
 |
| He couldn't figure out what toy would be that small. LOL!! |
 |
| They are both opening our family picture :) |
 |
| Bailee adding more to her tab... |
 |
| "Look, Mom! I have three dollars!" Ha ha ha!! |
 |
| Mom's new blanket. She's always cold! |
 |
| Me and my little man :) |
 |
| My brother "fake-smiling" his brains out! LOL!!! |
I don't know how, but somehow Hali managed to not be in a single picture...and I have a feeling she planned it that way :) Sneaky....
The theme this year was definitely money for the kids. Kenzie and Bailee are getting harder and harder to buy for and it's better all the way around to just give them money. Everybody wins :) This is very new for Madison and Braxton, however. They were not very excited when they opened it, but let me assure you they were more than thrilled when they could go to the store and actually buy something. Braxton spent all of his money on a Mobigo game system.
 |
| He was so excited to get something in the mail! |
 |
| His new Mobigo and game, Kung Fu Panda 2 |
I was very reluctant to let him spend ALL of his money on this one game, but we spent so much time at Toys 'R Us and he couldn't find anything he wanted...except this game. I couldn't get him away from it. And he was actually playing it correctly! Without any help! So, we went back to Mimi and Papa's and found it cheaper online. We saved enough money that he was able to also buy the game he was playing at the store. We just got it in the mail a couple of days ago and I have already had to change the batteries.
 |
| There's no stopping him!! |
It's just like a Leapster in the fact that it is a learning game, but I think this one is more fun. I don't know how to even explain that to you, but it is :)
Anyway, I have had one of the best Christmas holidays ever, but I am glad it is all over. Glad to have some normalcy at home. I'm already getting ideas for next year, but until then....time to break out the Valentine's Day decor! Ha ha ha!! I'm sure Kyle will be thrilled! LOL!!!
Happy New Year everyone!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment