...

...
Mr. & Mrs.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Getting Back on Track

I can't believe this month is almost over already!! Where did the time go? For us, it has been a crazy month, no surprise there :) We started out with heavy hearts as we went to battle with the justice system, which we feel, has let us down. Our hearts walk away from that broken, confused and just plain angry....but I could rant on that for hours, so moving on.

Then we stepped away from our long term goal and decided to regroup and put our focus back on our more short term goals.....the dreaded house!! Oh dear Lord, help us all!! Several posts ago, I talked about a plan that we came up with that will get our house on the market late April'ish, May'ish....somewhere in that general time frame. January was to be our "finish the kitchen COMPLETELY" month. Minus the floors, we completed that goal :) VICTORY!!! February has been a little more difficult, for me specifically. This month we are to finish ALL the floors that we plan to redo...the kitchen and both bathrooms. I am happy to say we have finished both bathrooms and half of the kitchen. Super stoked!!!! This is where it is difficult for me. First of all, we started our project late due to our stressful court disaster. So we didn't actually get started until the 13th. And, I am completely at the mercy of my husband on this project. My prefectionism...not sure if that is a word....will NOT allow me to do this one. Lining up corners, making straight rows, I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it!!! The thing is, my husband is only home Saturday and Sunday nights and during the day on his two days off during the week. The majority of his "free" time is obviously during the day when he is off of work, but I am at work then and am unable to help him. And at some point in the middle of all of this chaos, he has to find time to do homework, so needless to say, we are a little behind this month. So I am home just staring at these unfinished floors and know there is nothing I can do about it. So, I have decided to spring ahead on April's list...de-cluttering and deep cleaning. My progress is slow, but I think it will be nice to unclutter my life a little. I feel a major yard sale in our future :)

So that's whats been going on in our house. In other news, my bestest best friend found out she is having TWINS!!! Ahhhh!! I can't stand my excitement!! I think they may still be in shock, but my mind is racing a hundred miles an hour of ways I can help them prepare. Collecting diapers and planning a baby shower is really the only thing I have come up with so far, but I am hoping they will come to me with more things as they are needed. I just can't wait to meet those two little miracles and hold them, probably one at a time :) Ha ha ha!! Good luck with that one, Krystole!! I am just so glad I get to be around to watch them grow up and hopefully help out along the way!! Love you Glover family!! 

I think that is all for now, but I will leave with a couple of pictures of our floors...
Sticky tile doesn't play around. Got my flip flops glued to the floor. This isn't even the ugly floor we had. This is the uglier floor we found under the ugly one. Sheesh!!
Finally making some progress...thanks honey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment