...

...
Mr. & Mrs.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Star is Born

If my memory serves me right.....and at my age it better.....this was Kenzie's seventh year to do ballet!! If I hadn't been at every single recital, I wouldn't believe it!! 
She LOVES dancing! It's almost apart of her identity at this point. I know I am her mom, but she is sooo talented. She really is! I don't feel like she is dancing at the level she is capable of this go round, but she was able to master what she already knew, which will be a true blessing later.
This year, her dress rehearsal and recital were all on the same day. It may have taken up a whole Saturday, but I only had to do her hair and makeup once, and I would gladly do that any day. 

And, of course, she was the most beautiful one out there ;)
See for yourself...


I LOVE this picture of her!!

Anyway, she won an award this year for being a "helper" to a little girls' class. She went to an extra class with little girls every week to learn their routines and help their teacher. I think that class was close to Madison's age group...three and four year old's. And on recital day, she danced with them. So that made five dances for her to perform and some crazy costume changes!

I am going to attempt to upload a video again, but it didn't go well for my last post....


Ok, the video worked, but it still isn't a dancing one. In this one, Kenzie receives an award before the recital begins for all of her hard work as a helper. So proud of her!!

With the help of the dress rehearsal, we quickly figured out that she would definitely need help changing in and out of her costumes. So, of course I wanted to be the one to help her. I made my notes of what I needed when, when she went here and who should would dance with there....It was NUTS!! And I loved every minute of it. The absolute madness behind the scenes was so exciting. Costumes flying everywhere, all kinds of ballet shoes, accessories, hairspray....Oh, the hairspray!! That was madness in itself. Lol!!
Chaos is not normally my forte, but it didn't seem to bother me that night. I don't know why. Normally, I would have been popping my crazy pills fifteen minutes in. Lol!! But it felt different...like I was apart of something.....something great. And I loved it! But what I loved the most, was that I got to share that memory with Kenzie. She will always remember this recital as, "the one she won her first trophy at", "the won where she danced with the little girls for the first time", "the one where her mom ran around like a crazy person with a piece of paper and a bag of ballet clothes"!! Lol!!! And she will always remember that I was the one there with her.

Now that the year has ended, she is already talking about what class she will sign up for next year. Lol!!
And, of course, I have a few pics of my beautiful ballerina to end out another great year...


Her friends...and I thought Kenzie had on a lot of makeup :)

Waiting to get her recital pics taken

Kenzie and Rainy

Her Mimi and Papa

This is the teacher she helped with

These two girls are the stars of the show...little ballet besties

 I am sure you noticed our family picture was one short. This was Bailee's first year to miss Kenzie's recital. I guess this is something we will have to get used to, but I don't imagine it will get any easier with time. I hate that she had to miss, but Kenzie still had fun and did another great job.

I LOVE watching her learn and grow in her passion for dancing, but I am glad to call it a year.
Amarillo Little Theater 2012- another great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment