Holy Moses y'all!
It's already April and so much is happening! It seems like life is busier than ever!! Which I seem to have a love/hate relationship with.
Sports in a small town is no joke. A season will end, and then a new one starts up the very next day.
To date, my oldest daughter has been in basketball, then track, off-season basketball started this morning, and cheerleading tryouts this Friday. And during all of this, she is managing ballet in Amarillo, band, National Junior Honors Society....it's never-ending!
And that's just ONE!!!!
My son has also done basketball and we are now in the midst of baseball season. Thankfully, his games haven't started up just yet. But when they do.......Dear Lord, just get me through May.
But, of course, he keeps himself busy with other things too.
Boy things.....
But, of course, he keeps himself busy with other things too.
Boy things.....
And my itty bitty has also given basketball a shot, and I have to tell ya. She surprised me out there on that court. She's a bossy little thing, telling these girls what's up like she's the coach. Lol. Pretty entertaining. And she is also continuing her ballet in Amarillo.
Making the list just raised my blood pressure, so.....moving on.
OH!!!! I have to tell y'all something real quick!!
So, you know on my last post I made a list of all the differences in small vs big town.....a new one has developed.
My youngest has been going with her 2nd grade class to the YMCA in Dumas this week and last for.......wait for it........
SWIMMING LESSONS!!!!
They actually miss half of the school day three days a week to take swimming lessons for FREE!!
Isn't that crazy?! Lol!! I've been sending her to school in her swim suit.
My brain cannot fathom.
Just craziness.
My brain cannot fathom.
Just craziness.
Ok, moving on.
So, we hit a milestone in our family this month. My oldest turned 13 for anyone that doesn't have a Facebook.......which is no one. So, I'm tellin ya again.
For all these years, I've had sympathy to the fact that her birthday is April Fool's Day, so I've left her alone and let all of her little school friends mess with her. But this year was different. She was turning 13 and really wanted a certain something for her birthday. She's always been very easy to please with no fancy requests, so I have NEVER heard the begging and pleading and deal-making shenanigans that this girl has shown us over the past several months.
So, my clever husband (I could never take credit for this) came up with such a simple, but down right evil April Fool's joke.
I'll let you see for yourself......
PURE EVIL!!!!! And completely hilarious!!! And she was a great sport about it.
She's been doing everything but selling her soul to the devil to get a phone....and there was the box.
iPhone 5s on the cover.
A prettier box just did not exist.
Could this be?
Has it finally happened?
...........................................
NOPE!!! Bwhahaha!!!!
Instead, a pink baby iPhone.
I love that girl and her sense of humor.
Best April Fool's joke I've ever been a part of.
Good job, honey.
But we could never be so cruel to such a gentle soul if we weren't going to follow it up with the real deal.
(this, too, was my husband's idea)
Her little squeal at the end is my favorite. I probably listened to that 100 times.
If you missed it, watch it again. So cute. :)
So, now we have a teenager and a bigger cell phone bill. Lol.
Eh. Life.
Ok, changing pace...
So, earlier this year, I talked about the goals I have set for myself to work on: confidence and self-esteem. I wrote about it so it could be known and I could be held accountable. And I tell you what....I am being tested!! In a really great way, but man oh man. I've never wanted something so bad!!!
And the ONLY way to achieve said "want" is to be confident and believe I can.
Believe in me.
The fear of failure has held me back from sooooo many things, but this?? I want it too bad, so I keep telling myself, "The only way to fail is to quit". And I KNOW I'm not a quitter.
But how profound.....I have sat back, most of my life, and watched countless of opportunities go by for so many different things. And my thought has always been,
"if you don't try, then you won't fail".
How dumb!!!!
I've missed out on so much!! And guess what......I FAILED anyway.
Why???
Because I didn't even try!!!!
LOL!
SLAP. MYSELF.
Well, not anymore. Not this. I believe in it and I believe in myself.
I WILL.
I WILL UNTIL.
Sorry for being vague, but just know it's happening. Lives will change and it will be because I believed in me.
Love ya!!!!
For all these years, I've had sympathy to the fact that her birthday is April Fool's Day, so I've left her alone and let all of her little school friends mess with her. But this year was different. She was turning 13 and really wanted a certain something for her birthday. She's always been very easy to please with no fancy requests, so I have NEVER heard the begging and pleading and deal-making shenanigans that this girl has shown us over the past several months.
So, my clever husband (I could never take credit for this) came up with such a simple, but down right evil April Fool's joke.
I'll let you see for yourself......
PURE EVIL!!!!! And completely hilarious!!! And she was a great sport about it.
She's been doing everything but selling her soul to the devil to get a phone....and there was the box.
iPhone 5s on the cover.
A prettier box just did not exist.
Could this be?
Has it finally happened?
...........................................
NOPE!!! Bwhahaha!!!!
Instead, a pink baby iPhone.
I love that girl and her sense of humor.
Best April Fool's joke I've ever been a part of.
Good job, honey.
But we could never be so cruel to such a gentle soul if we weren't going to follow it up with the real deal.
(this, too, was my husband's idea)
Her little squeal at the end is my favorite. I probably listened to that 100 times.
If you missed it, watch it again. So cute. :)
So, now we have a teenager and a bigger cell phone bill. Lol.
Eh. Life.
Ok, changing pace...
So, earlier this year, I talked about the goals I have set for myself to work on: confidence and self-esteem. I wrote about it so it could be known and I could be held accountable. And I tell you what....I am being tested!! In a really great way, but man oh man. I've never wanted something so bad!!!
And the ONLY way to achieve said "want" is to be confident and believe I can.
Believe in me.
The fear of failure has held me back from sooooo many things, but this?? I want it too bad, so I keep telling myself, "The only way to fail is to quit". And I KNOW I'm not a quitter.
But how profound.....I have sat back, most of my life, and watched countless of opportunities go by for so many different things. And my thought has always been,
"if you don't try, then you won't fail".
How dumb!!!!
I've missed out on so much!! And guess what......I FAILED anyway.
Why???
Because I didn't even try!!!!
LOL!
SLAP. MYSELF.
Well, not anymore. Not this. I believe in it and I believe in myself.
I WILL.
I WILL UNTIL.
Sorry for being vague, but just know it's happening. Lives will change and it will be because I believed in me.
Love ya!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment