I will start by apologizing for the lengthy blog today, but I have a lot to say dang it!!! Ha ha ha!! Ok, so let's get started.....
Our family is officially too big for our house! Ahhhh!! We are practically sitting in each other's laps. So annoying!!!! When we bought our house four years ago, it was perfect for our five person family. Four bedrooms (second living area turned into the master suite :) ), 1 1/2 baths, HUGE backyard, a happily overlooked small kitchen (which has now turned into my nightmare), 1566 sq. ft....not bad for first time home buyers. It was so perfect...we painted, cleaned, moved in our NEW furniture...it was like a dream I had been having since I was like ten....Anyway, so we moved in. Great! Wonderful! Awesome! .......We didn't even get unpacked before I found out about baby number four! WHAT!!!!!! So unexpected....so unplanned, which is the story of our freakin lives!!!!
So, since then, we have been planning on when we would be able to move. We have been slowly fixing things, updating things, replacing things....which is really frustrating, most of the time. Something that should be so simple and quick has turned out to be three month projects for us. Most recently, we decided that it was time to paint the exterior of the house. It is a 1920's original wood siding house...not the easy project I had hoped for, although I had been warned by my parents. Three months later, we are still not finished..... Here is the before shot of the front....
The front is now almost completely finished with only just a few places not done...
A HUGE shout out goes to my husband Kyle, Krystole Glover, Jeremy Glover, Luke Deal, Hali Crawford, Drew Parker, Emily Bowmer, my parents for all of their help with the kids, I'm sure I am forgetting people and I'm sorry if I am, but we couldn't have done it without you guys!
So, several months ago, a newly listed house came up on an email thread that I have been receiving from my realtor. We get new listings almost everyday, so it wasn't a big shock to get this one. I just browsed quickly over the main details of the listing....bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, neighborhood....then I realized the price and thought "Huh?!". This house was perfect and way under priced for it's size and location. So what's wrong with it? I call my realtor and we are talking about it....so we decide to go over and look at it, right then! AWESOME!!! So we get over there and.....it's beautiful. Something I can see me and Kyle growing old together in. Plenty of room for the kids and plenty of room to have people over...LOVE it!!! Then I have to realize several things....our house is NO where near ready to be put on the market and...what if we don't get approved for a loan? So....first thing Monday morning, we go to the bank. If we don't get approved for a loan, there is no point going any further into the process. Later the next day, we get the call...We have been approved!!!! WHAT!?! Maybe this is what God has planned for us. Everything seems to be falling right into place....but our house still isn't ready. At this point, we had not even started painting the exterior of the house yet. It was a short sale so we thought about putting an offer in anyway and just really busting our butts to get our house listed within the next two weeks....but too late. A higher offer had been made. We could have made a higher bid, but we really didn't want to do that? I chalked it up as a motivation to get the house done so when the next "perfect" house came up, we would be ready.
So for the last two and a half months I have been slowly working on the house here and there....checking my email regularly, but nothing real interesting ever showed up....until two days ago....bet you'll never guess what was listed.....AGAIN!!! .......MY HOUSE!!! I can't believe it! We called our realtor immediately, worried that maybe inspections didn't go well. She said the lady that put the offer in got tired of waiting to hear back from the bank and decided to go with a different house. Hallelujah!!!! But our house still isn't done yet....we are in the middle of a debate on whether or not to make an offer. We would have plenty of time to finish our house if it goes the same way it did with the other lady. She waited two months and never heard anything....let me see if I can get this house to upload for you.....
Isn't it so cute?! I am so ready to get out of this house I could scream!!! I really am trying to think through my emotions, but it is really hard. God tells us to be content with the life we have and I am desperately trying to. I'm not asking for a mansion on the most expensive side of town. I just wan t a house that will have enough room for us. Is that selfish of me? I still truly believe that the house we live in was from God. Our situation then was totally different and we needed our own place. God totally dropped that house in our laps. Every little detail, to the end, fell just perfectly into place. I keep telling myself that if things fall into place like that again, then this house is another blessing from God. Well, I'm not sure what we are going to end up doing, but I am going to do my best to be content no matter what the outcome is.

Good attitude, Mary! I hope this is right for you guys, but if it isn't, the right situation WILL come along for you at the right time! :)
ReplyDeleteI have so been going through the same back and forth decisions...only with the whole "quitting my job" thing. I think that once you finally feel at peace with your decision, whatever that may be, that is when it is the right time! That's how I came to my conclusion at the daycare, I finally KNEW it was the right choice, and there weren't any doubts lingering in the back of my mind. Finding that peace is the tough part. Through prayer, devotion, and just life...it will be shown to you. I agree that when the right house comes along, you will know it...and will have peace! Life is full of these decisions...and figuring out one will only lead to the next! LOL Love you, and I pray that the bestest house ever comes up for you guys and it all falls into place...soon! :)
ReplyDelete