It has been a while since my last post and I have nothing amazing to report, so I thought I would just ramble about the latest happenings around here.
My youngest started preschool this year and this last week she had her first "themed" day. It was cowboy day and if anyone knows our family, they know we are anything BUT cowboys. So I called my bestie to see if we could borrow some of her daughters stuff, thanks again Krystole!! She had several outfits to choose from and, of course, I can't make decisions without an opinion from everyone :) So we brought them ALL home and did a little modeling for the family....and everyone on Facebook.
She is such a ham posing like that! Ha ha ha!! After long deliberation we decided on the first outfit. I am just a sucker for ruffles! By the way, aren't those outfits super freakin cute?!? My friend Krystole, that we borrowed them from, makes them!! All of them except the way cute red bandana dress, but everything else was her creation! If you get a chance, go to her business page on facebook and see her latest creations. She is so talented!! The name is Krystole's BOWtique....you won't be disappointed.
Ok! Back to Cowboy Day! So the day comes to get dressed and she is beyond excited! She happily lets me fix her hair, which is usually WWIII, we get dressed and go. Her morning was great and I am still hearing little details here and there, but her big excitement was because she was going to get to ride a real horse. I learned that the horse's name is Abby, she is very nice and she has a belt around her nose :) So sweet hearing her tell me about her days in Pre-school...anyway, I have pics of that too :) I am sure you are shocked about that :)
She looks so cute on a horse all dressed up and that big red bow. She is having so much fun in Pre-school and I just love watching her learn and grow.
Ok, moving on....well, we are still not finished painting our house. The house we wanted has gone back under contract and I am ok with it. I am disappointed, I would be lying if I said I wasn't. But God has a better plan for us. And I will trust in that until he opens our eyes to see it too. So until then, we are painting, painting and.....did I mention we are still painting? Please continue to pray for us with this matter. We just want to be able to continue to make wise decisions for our family and not ones that have been made with emotions. Thanks in advance for the prayers :)
Next week marks the start of a very LONG journey for Kyle, me...the kids...Come Monday morning, we will not see Kyle Monday through Thursday at all. He has classes all four evenings and they don't end until 9:50 every night. I will at least get to see him when he gets home, for a second, before he has to start on his homework, but the kids will not see him AT ALL. This is going to be very difficult for them. He goes to school two nights a week now and they already ask when he is coming home. I know this is going to be really hard for them, but his education is essential for us and I trust this is the best for our family. So because of our limited time together, we have implemented something that I have wanted to do for a long time now, Family Night. Every Friday will be our time together where we will be game playing, cooking, crafting, and most importantly, devoing...is that a word? Well it is now. We have not been the best at being involved with their spiritual growth. I have heard so many lessons, recently, about being intentional...it has been on my heart and I need to step up and listen to my heart. We started our first Family Night last night and had a lot of fun. We journeyed out to the Don Harrington Discovery Center to watch hot air balloons light up the sky. It did not go the way I had planned, but we enjoyed our undivided time together...here are a few pics...
We had a lot of fun and are already looking forward to our next night together. Please, also, continue to pray for all of us. This will be a huge stress on our family, but I know God will get us through.
In other news, my brother and his wife just bought their new house!! Yay!!! They are so excited and are actually moving in...right now. I just got off the phone with Hali and I'm pretty sure her head is fixing to explode. It's only funny because it is not me :) I am getting ready to go over there and, hopefully, relieve some stress for them...and hopefully come back with pics :)
So in conclusion to this insanely long ramble of different things, I hope that everyone has a very blessed week!
LOVE the family night! I am so glad you guys are doing it! Are you doing the together time bible with it? Just curious. We will definitley keep you guys in our prayers on the whole school subject. As a wife to a man that has been in school for what seems like forever, it really does go by fast, and will only help your family in the long run. If we didn't have trials, we wouldn't have triumphs. It will be over in a blink of an eye...and when you are lonely, and need someone, I am here! What a great thing he is doing for your family. We are proud of you guys...and I look forward to a few late nights with you during the week to catch up! I am missing me some Mary! Love you! :)
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up! Yes, my head was on the verge of exploding, but you helped get me back to normal.
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you and Kyle, I can't imagine how difficult this time is, especially for the kids. Hang in there, it'll all be worth it.
My favorite pic of Madison is the one w/ the red dress...how did she swing her hip out that far w/o dislocating it??? LOL