...

...
Mr. & Mrs.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

That Time Again....

I can't believe that Halloween is already tomorrow. Where has the time gone?! Well, my "kiddos" decided, ok maybe I decided, that they were going to be pirates this year :) They ended up matching perfectly together, which is super important, and they looked sooooo cute. Let me show you :)
We went to our church's Fall Festival that night and the kids had soooo much fun. They all played games, sang some karaoke, had hotdogs, hung out with friends....it was just a really fun, and safe way to celebrate Halloween. Tonight, we are going to gut and carve our pumpkins. I have some really cute ideas, but of course, I will let the kids help too. Maybe :)
With Halloween almost over, it brings me to the scarey realization that we only have four paychecks until Christmas!! WHAT!?!?!!! Luckily, I have been picking up items here and there for several months now. I have been desperately trying to get solid answers from the kids on what they will ask for from Santa. This is always the stressful part of Christmas for me. We go see Santa half way through December and then I have to scrounge for the next two weeks finding what they asked for!!! Too much stress!!! Not this year....I made the kids make a list of what they want for Christmas and then made them rate their top 3 items. Then I told them to choose wisely because there will be NO changing their minds. Brilliant!!! Then I told them they needed to decide pretty quickly what they wanted to ask for from Santa. The girls are adamant that they want a LalaLoopsey....say that again!! What the crap is a LalaLoopsey??? So I did a little research on Amazon.com and found that they are dolls. Dolls? They can ask for anything, within reason, they want from Santa and my 9 and 8 year old decide on a doll? I questioned them a little and tried to convince them to choose something else, that they probably wouldn't even play with them...no. They weren't budging. So now I have to find the doll they want. See, you get to choose the doll you want. They come in different colors, different hair, each with a different pet....crap! There are TONS of LalaLoopsey dolls! Let me show you what they look like...
They are cute, but this is something I see my 3 year old asking for...Well, nevermind. If this is what they want, at least it doesn't cost a small fortune. Braxton says he wants Super Hero action figures from Santa. Cool! I can do Super Heros. Now Madison is a different story. She doesn't really play with toys and still a little young to grasp the complete idea of Santa. I ask her what she wants and she has a different answer every time, usually being stuff she already has. Any ideas of good toys for a 3 year old?? I will try to plant an idea in her head and see if she goes along with it...I'll keep you posted :)

In other news, my brother is turning 30 years old this month!!! Man! We are getting old!!! Let me see if I can find a picture of him....
She will probably kill me, but this is the best picture I have of them. Anyway, this is my brother, Paul and his wife, Hali. They are the ones that I talked about in an earlier post that just bought and moved into their first house. I can't wait to see it all unpacked and decorated when we have Thanksgiving over there this year :)

This time of year is always so hectic and crazy, but just make sure you take the time to enjoy every crazy second cause they will fly by before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment