...

...
Mr. & Mrs.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Bye Bye November....Hello December!!!!!

I CAN. NOT. believe how fast this month is flying by!!!!! We had a terrific Thanksgiving! 

Funny thing is, we had three different Thanksgiving meals and zero turkey! How does that happen? Beats the heck out of me. We had soup and sandwiches at my parent's house, super yummy. Then we ate smothered burritos at Kyle's family's house. And then we went to my brother's house and ate his wife's super delicious manicotti. Every single pound I gained was well worth it.

I can't believe Christmas is coming up so fast!! Thank the good Lord I was smart enough to start shopping for my gaggle of children back in the summer....seriously....all I have left to get is a layaway at Toys-R-Us and stocking stuffers. We still need to go see Santa at the mall and solidify Santa gifts...I already have two of the four and until they see Santa they can change their mind. This would not be good :( Once they have asked the big man, there's no going back....so I see a trip to the mall in the near future...

Speaking of Santa, I think my oldest, Bailee...
 may know....you know...KNOW, about Santa...I don't want to ask her and she is still going along with it...but she has never come out and asked us...so I don't know for sure. We haven't come to that bridge yet, but I think if she asks, my response will be, "Santa will continue to come as long as you believe"....what do you think? As for now, she still wants a Lalaloopsey...

We also celebrated several important birthdays this month. First was my big brother, Paul's, on the 18th, celebrating the big -3-0-
WOW!! My brother is thirty, which means....I'm next...dun dun duuuunnn!!! 
The next big milestone was on the 20th for my sweet bestie, Kara, celebrating her sweet sixteen...times two :)
 Love you, dear friend :)

And last, my one and only son, Braxton. We celebrated his fifth birthday on the 24th which just happened to be on Thanksgiving this year, bonus!!
 Love my little man...
Happy Birthday, Paul, Kara and Braxton!!! Love all of you!!

Okay, I have a confession to make....I am addicted to.......Pinterest!!! There!! I said it!!! Holy crap!!! Who comes up this stuff?! I am absolutely in love with this website. I have done so many things on it and have sooo many things I plan to do. I know it is just something else to consume my life, but it has truly been a blessing to us! Can I get an AMEN?! Warning: if you have not visited this website, only do so when you have LOTS of time....there....you have been warned.


Oh!! I have to tell you!!!! So a couple of weeks ago, my crazy daughter Kenzie,
 went to my husband and said she wanted to be vegetarian....Ok, she's eight...just let go in one ear and out the other like he does everything else. What does he do? He agrees with her and starts researching for recipes and tips....WHAT!? I can't even get him to put his dirty underwear in the hamper!!!! Now he is researching for recipes without meat in them?! Don't hear me wrong, I have nothing against vegetarians or food without meat....my only problem with this whole situation is that I just learned how to cook things other than Hamburger Helper and spaghetti. To take the meat out of the dish takes away everything I have learned!!! To make a longer story short, we have compromised on being vegetarian once a week. Last week was our first week...we had Vegetarian Chili.

I thought it was pretty good, the kids....not so much. I have our second vegetarian meal cooking in the crock pot as we speak. Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Sauce....it does smell yummy. I will keep you posted on our vegetarianism....

I have to share this video just because it melts my heart...

Well, the Christmas tree is officially up and the lights on the house are lit. The count-down to Christmas has begun....Let the wrapping BEGIN!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww, the end of that video was so sweet! She's precious (when she's not busy being a little turd! lol).

    Don't forget about the Tiramisu! I think that was the most fattening part of the entire holiday. I let my mom try it today. She announced that she wanted to me to make her one for Christmas, so that she could take home and eat all by herself! LOL So...if my mom gains 20lbs over Christmas it'll be completely my fault.

    We really enjoyed spending so much time with y'all. Is it just me, or do our holidays get better every year? (Could be because Paul gets more and more involved w/ the kids. I LOVE watching him play "Uncle Paul", especially w/ Braxton. It's like Dr. Evil and Mini-Me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiramisu!!!! I couldn't think of the name of it! It was definitely on my top 10 list of all time favorite holiday food. The holidays are getting better every year. I look forward to each one with you guys! Can't wait for Christmas!!! Watching Paul with the kids is priceless. And I love that they love him too!! I hope that some day your kids will love us as much as you guys love ours...

    ReplyDelete