...

...
Mr. & Mrs.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

It's COLD outside!!! Didn't think I would say that anytime soon from the summer we've had. The drive to take the kids to school this morning was just scarey!! People can be so reckless, or wreck-full, however you want to look at it. I saw about four wrecks and about eight different cars slide off the road in a mile span. Two words....SLOW DOWN!!!!!! 

This cold, kinda snowy weather reminds me of our snow day last year....of course it snowed a LOT more than last night and we actually got to stay home from school. That never happens!! We were all so excited! We slept in late, watched movies, made snow ice cream....It was one of the best snow days EVER!!! Come to think of it, I think it may have been the only snow day we've had since I was in school...hmm...Anyway, dug up some pics of last year's snow day :)

Eating yummy snow ice cream!!
Can't have ice cream without sprinkles :)
Time to play in the snow!!!
Madison had a lot more fun this year :)
She is knee deep in snow...
Kenzie...not quite sure where her other glove is...hmm
I told him not to do this...
He just wouldn't listen...frozen hands are not fun :(
Me and the girls :)


We had sooo much fun playing in the snow!! We hardly ever have that much snow all at one time!! All this talk about the cold makes me wish I had bought stuff to make stew :(  Sad day....

Ohhh!!! Did I tell you how the hot glue gun has changed my life?! No? Well, last week, I was trying to finish up my Christmas countdown advent calendar made completely out of toilet paper rolls. I glued the scrapbook paper on the rolls and the number tags, but then I was stuck...how am I going to get twenty four toilet paper rolls to stay together? Should I tie them? Should I tape them? Then, my crafty friend, Krystole (who is a genius by the way), told me I should use a hot glue gun. I actually had one, which was the crazy thing! But I didn't have any glue sticks and had never used one, or at least it has been long enough I don't remember using one...any who, I did it!! And it was easy!! And now I find myself looking around the house trying to figure out what I will hot glue next!! Ha ha ha!!! Here is my advent...



That's kinda hard to see...let me get a close up...


I still can't believe how magical hot glue really is...if only I had known about it's powers years ago...anyway...the kids are having a blast with the countdown. If you have not ever done one of these, I highly recommend it. It is easy, you can put anything you want in the tube and the kids think it is the best thing ever invented since sliced bread! Seriously! I have never seen them color a picture with such enthusiasm all because the "tube" told them to. 


And when you can't think of something to do or just don't have time that day for something time consuming, just put "Sweet Christmas Treat". We did that one last night :)

We are also unwrapping and reading one Christmas story each night leading up to Christmas day. The kids think that is pretty awesome too.

Day 1

Day 2
Day 3...she IS wearing shorts...promise!
Day 4
My two older girls don't even care that some of the books are very, very simple. I love all of these new little traditions we have started this year and so are the kids!! Well, I guess I have rambled long enough. Gotta get some cleaning done :)
                                                                            

1 comment:

  1. I think it is terrific what y'all have been doing w/ the kids the past few months. I told my coworkers about it and they were blown away. There are lots of good parents, but I don't know many who put as much effort into "family" as you do. You're instilling great values and creating wonderful memories that your kiddos will ALWAYS have! It's awesome! (And I'm definitely taking notes for when we start our OWN tribe:)

    Keep on posting! I love seeing everything you put on here.

    ReplyDelete