...

...
Mr. & Mrs.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Ready...Set...DYE!!!!

Getting ready for Easter is so fun for the kids. A little stressful for me, but they love it. It's one of the few holidays that they get to participate in almost all of the preparation.
I don't know a single kid that doesn't love dying eggs. But when you have a gaggle of children like we do, you have to set a limit on how many each kid can dye. Don't get me wrong, I love me some deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches, but I don't know that I could eat it everyday for two weeks. So we set their limit to five eggs a piece. That's twenty eggs plus all of the plastic ones they will be hunting tomorrow. Sounds good to me. We got all of the colors ready and off they went...

Only a few of the massive line up we had
I love Madison's expression
Kenzie waiting patiently for her turn
Madison and "her" Bailee
My little bunny man :)
Brightest colors EVER!!!
We ended up with some of the brightest eggs we have EVER dyed and all we used was the plain ole PAAS brand dye kit. We put just a little of vinegar in each glass and it made all the difference. If you have not ever added the vinegar, I highly recommend...

Have you ever made those little cookie houses? Most people do them for Christmas. You know, the gingerbread houses...well, the kids' Mimi keeps buying those little houses for every. single. holiday. I would like doing them if I wasn't so darn anal about decorating them with the crappy icing packets they provide in the box. It is so hard to work with and you can NEVER make it look as cute as it is on the box. False advertizing at it's finest...needless to say, she bought another one. I was actually pretty impressed on how it turned out though. It is the best one we have done to date. But she is still banned from buying another one...

Three hours later..
But they were pretty proud
  They enjoyed helping with their "Bunny Hut" too.

Well, eggs dyed and the bunny house is done. We are definitely not the over-acheivers this year, but they had fun anyway, so...bring on the Easter Bunny!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. The house turned out way cute!! I would like those more if they actually tasted good to eat afterwards, but then I remind myself that numerous hands have been touching it for who knows how long...and for some strange reason, I just can't bring myself to take a bite! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl...we would NEVER eat that stuff. Connie bought it last year on sale after Easter. Yuck!!!

    ReplyDelete