The fifth week of school is already upon us and I still haven't posted anything about the first day!!
So let me update you.
Monday August 27, 2012
We all woke up extra early. The "first day" jitters had gotten the best of everyone the night before so everyone was wide awake. Everything went so smoothly though. We all got dressed, ate breakfast, packed lunches, got our hair fixed. It was a perfect morning. And then it was time to go. Everyone got their backpacks, lunch boxes and lined up outside for their annual picture. They had already been warned the night before that I would take pictures until I got the one I liked, so they smiled like champs :)
Got it on the first shot!
I took all of the pictures I was wanting and then we were off to school. The older girls were first. I am no longer "aloud" to walk them to class anymore, but I still get a pic of them standing in front of the school. Bailee was sooooo embarrassed!! I felt bad, but not really :) I want these memories. And I know, someday, they will too. They blew their kisses to me and ran inside.
Then it was Braxton and Madison's turn. They hopped right out of the car. We got our pictures and proceeded to go inside. I could feel the lump in my throat getting bigger and bigger. We walked down the hall to Madison's class first. We went in together. She put her things in her locker, gave me a hug and kiss, and then went to sit on the rug. That's it?! No crying? No whining? No, "Mommy don't leave me!"? I called out to her one last time before I left. She turned around to me, smiled, and then waved goodbye. I quickly walked away down the hall towards Braxton's class trying not to think about how easy it was for her to say goodbye. And again, Braxton put his things in his locker, gave me a hug and kiss, and went to sit on the rug. No crying, no whining, no "Mommy don't leave me". He turned around to me, smiled and waved goodbye.
I started walking down the hall towards the front door realizing no one was holding my hand or racing me to open the door. I was alone. I held it in as long as I could, but once the car door closed behind me, I completely lost it!!! I turned the radio on and headed home.
Since then, I have been trying to figure out how to literally manage a day alone without kids. I drop them off every day at school and either go to my empty house or work alone. There's no one for me to take care of. For nine years, basically my entire adult life, I have had someone to take care of 24 hours a day, 7 days a week....this included work. I have been at the daycare five years now and have ALWAYS taken at least one child with me everyday. To go places without kids is a very foreign thing to me now. My role as a mom has changed and I just can't figure it out!!
Now that I have gotten past the first day of school, I can get back to some sort of a routine of crazy school mornings, homework, ballet classes, karate, parent teacher conferences, school fundraisers, countless birthday parties sprinkled throughout our weekends...I could go on forever, but I will spare you :)
Karate is a new thing we are trying out this year. We have always done gymnastics in the past, but I think everyone is bored with it now. And to be honest, I was getting kind of bored with it too.
So let me update you.
Monday August 27, 2012
We all woke up extra early. The "first day" jitters had gotten the best of everyone the night before so everyone was wide awake. Everything went so smoothly though. We all got dressed, ate breakfast, packed lunches, got our hair fixed. It was a perfect morning. And then it was time to go. Everyone got their backpacks, lunch boxes and lined up outside for their annual picture. They had already been warned the night before that I would take pictures until I got the one I liked, so they smiled like champs :)
Got it on the first shot!
I took all of the pictures I was wanting and then we were off to school. The older girls were first. I am no longer "aloud" to walk them to class anymore, but I still get a pic of them standing in front of the school. Bailee was sooooo embarrassed!! I felt bad, but not really :) I want these memories. And I know, someday, they will too. They blew their kisses to me and ran inside.
Then it was Braxton and Madison's turn. They hopped right out of the car. We got our pictures and proceeded to go inside. I could feel the lump in my throat getting bigger and bigger. We walked down the hall to Madison's class first. We went in together. She put her things in her locker, gave me a hug and kiss, and then went to sit on the rug. That's it?! No crying? No whining? No, "Mommy don't leave me!"? I called out to her one last time before I left. She turned around to me, smiled, and then waved goodbye. I quickly walked away down the hall towards Braxton's class trying not to think about how easy it was for her to say goodbye. And again, Braxton put his things in his locker, gave me a hug and kiss, and went to sit on the rug. No crying, no whining, no "Mommy don't leave me". He turned around to me, smiled and waved goodbye.
I started walking down the hall towards the front door realizing no one was holding my hand or racing me to open the door. I was alone. I held it in as long as I could, but once the car door closed behind me, I completely lost it!!! I turned the radio on and headed home.
Since then, I have been trying to figure out how to literally manage a day alone without kids. I drop them off every day at school and either go to my empty house or work alone. There's no one for me to take care of. For nine years, basically my entire adult life, I have had someone to take care of 24 hours a day, 7 days a week....this included work. I have been at the daycare five years now and have ALWAYS taken at least one child with me everyday. To go places without kids is a very foreign thing to me now. My role as a mom has changed and I just can't figure it out!!
Now that I have gotten past the first day of school, I can get back to some sort of a routine of crazy school mornings, homework, ballet classes, karate, parent teacher conferences, school fundraisers, countless birthday parties sprinkled throughout our weekends...I could go on forever, but I will spare you :)
Karate is a new thing we are trying out this year. We have always done gymnastics in the past, but I think everyone is bored with it now. And to be honest, I was getting kind of bored with it too.
I have two karate kids in my family now.
![]() |
| Braxton |
![]() |
| and Bailee |
They have been doing it for several weeks now and seem to really enjoy it. Which is great because now I have something I can threaten to take away if their behavior takes a nose dive. :)
Madison and Kenzie are, of course, still in ballet. They absolutely LOVE it!
This year, Kenzie is taking a different class with the older girls. It is a much more challenging class which will be perfect for her. I have felt like she has done a variation of the same routine for 7 years now and Kenzie was super excited to try something new. I wasn't able to get a picture of Kenzie on her first day because she ended up being extremely nervous to be the youngest in a new class. I will get a pic on a later date. They have both had several classes already and are still in love :)
We are finally starting to get used to our new crazy routine and are starting to feel more normalcy again :)
Madison and Kenzie are, of course, still in ballet. They absolutely LOVE it!
This year, Kenzie is taking a different class with the older girls. It is a much more challenging class which will be perfect for her. I have felt like she has done a variation of the same routine for 7 years now and Kenzie was super excited to try something new. I wasn't able to get a picture of Kenzie on her first day because she ended up being extremely nervous to be the youngest in a new class. I will get a pic on a later date. They have both had several classes already and are still in love :)
We are finally starting to get used to our new crazy routine and are starting to feel more normalcy again :)





No comments:
Post a Comment