...

...
Mr. & Mrs.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Catching Up...or Trying!

Once again, I am getting way behind on my blog!!

I'm not sure what all has happened since my last post, so I am just going to do some updating on our latest happenings around here.

Well, our router isn't working. That's fun. FYI: new technology is not my friend.....And I have NO idea how to fix it. I called the Belkin place to have them fix it. After asking, plugging, unplugging, asking again, plugging, unplugging and asking and asking and asking......it then turned into me absolutely losing my mind and turning into a psycho, yelling at the poor "indian" (dot, not feather)  schmuck on the other end. The call ended with me ordering a new router. Perfect. So, now I have to wait five to seven business days before a new one arrives, then I have to call India to have them turn it on, or whatever they do with it.....Did I mention that we use our router solely for Wifi? They may be its only purpose, I don't know. But that's what we use it for. Our Wifi is what allows us to access our Netflix account.....no Wifi, no Netflix.....very unhappy children :( But I suppose life does go on without Netflix. Moving forward, it has now been twenty-five days....TWENTY-FIVE DAYS people!!!!! And our new router is still "broken"!!! What the crap!?!? So, if any of you know how to fix a router that supposedly is not broken, give me a call :)

Ummmm, let's see. Kenzie recently auditioned for her first play. She was so cute! 


 And nervous.

The play was Alice in Wonderland so she was fairly familiar with the story. But when you have to actually READ the script from that movie....you realize how weird that movie really is!! The way those characters talk are completely unnatural. It goes against everything you have ever been taught in English class growing up. She practiced and practiced and then we went to the auditions. We sat there looking at all of the "competition" and she became even more nervous. The room was fairly good sized and full of people....that she had to audition in front of. I guess she thought she would go into a different room alone to read her lines. Oops! She was wrong :) Then, the auditioning started and the boys went first. Kenzie very quickly realized that the judges (?) were off to the side of the room and all of the boys were facing that direction. You could see the relief in her face when she figured out she didn't have to face all of those people in the audience. The boys finished and then it was HER turn. Her name was called and off she went. She went on to read her lines and then wait an hour and a half to be called up to read a different line. I thought she did a great job, of course, and not just  because I'm her mom :) It was her first time to audition like that and she had some pretty good competition.....she had to wait three days to find out if she made it or not. It felt like FOR-E-VER!!! They finally posted the Cast List. I've never seen her read names so fast in my life! But she didn't find her name :( She was disappointed and I was a little sad for her, but this was just her first audition. By the time we were done talking about it being her first time and working hard for next time, she was all better. :) From what I've heard, The Little Mermaid and Cheaper by the Dozen will be coming up pretty soon....so keep your eyes open for the next "Aerial" :)

Last weekend Kyle went on a Men's Retreat with the guys from church. I was so excited for him! He hasn't been able to spend quality time with ANYBODY since he started school. I am his only source of making friends at church....and I'm not a very good "big crowds" kind of girl so he has been out of the loop for a while. So when he was able to go with all of the guys for some good 'ole fashioned man time, I was pumped!! Sad that I wouldn't see him all weekend, but happy for him to make good Christian friendships stronger. It took some real convincing and a LOT of consideration, but I finally came to the decision that I would "allow" him to take my camera. Of course he made promises and I made threats along with this decision, but in the end, I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he could be a responsible adult and bring it back in one piece.....and he did :) What he failed to do, was take PICTURES!!!! A picture is worth a thousand words and if you have a husband like mine, you NEED these pictures to know what went on!! He is not the best communicator!!! So this is what I got out of his trip other than the very general "guy stuff" answer....

Driving in the car....

One of three decent nature shots... this is #1

#2

#3

And a vintage lunchbox....

And there you have it folks!! They drove to Angel Fire, looked at the mountains and saw a lunchbox.
It's crazy how different guys and girls really are. You KNOW if me and the girls from church had gone, I would be documenting play by play right now with literally more pictures than I could post. Well, he said that he had a great time and feels a lot closer to the guys than he did before, so I think it ended up being a very productive trip for him. :)

So much has happened the last few weeks that I could make this post into a small novel, so I am going to end on our MOST recent news.....the girls are officially wearing bras. AhHhHhH!!!!!!!! I can. not. believe it!!! They are not old enough to be wearing bras, I swear!!! But their chests are saying otherwise and has for a while now, but I just couldn't bring myself to acknowledge that their bodies are changing. That they are growing up front little girls into young ladies :( And that our next big talk will be "THE" talk. I am definitely not ready for that one. I need to do some serious studying up about the best way to approach and address this topic with my pre-middle-schoolers when it is so hard for me to talk about it AT ALL!! Any help or suggestions on reading material or good tips would be greatly appreciated!!

And on that note, I'm going to say...

TO BE CONTINUED...


No comments:

Post a Comment