...

...
Mr. & Mrs.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Dreams Do Come True

Where do I even begin?

Last time I posted, my life was on an upward climb.......more rapidly than anticipated, but no complaints here.

It's been almost a year since my last update. The time has flown by and I did my best not to blink and miss it.
Just so much joy.....

And now?
My life is full of more blessings than I could ever begin to count. But lets start with the most obvious....LOPEZ!!!!
Yep!! I am a married woman!!
Who?? What?? When?? Where?? Why?? How??
Well, here's the answer to all.....mostly :)

Joe.
MY   Joe.
Our first picture together May 2014.
First of many selfies that would be taken....

Laughing....such a simple concept. I mean, most of us do it everyday. You know, hearing a dumb joke from a co-worker (or close family friend, uh-hum...dick archer), or giggling at something silly your kids did or even when someone gives you a compliment you weren't expecting (maybe I'm the only one that does that). But that's not the kind of laughing I'm talking about.



I'm talking about laughing so hard you snort because you've lost all control to breathe like a normal human being. You are now a pig and can do nothing but snort louder and more violently because you can NOT stop the insanity.
Like laughing so hard you cry. Not cry like a glistening tear rolling down your check as you gently chuckle...umm, no. I'm talking ugly! Tears pouring, makeup running, snot blowing, full blown belly laughs that double you over in pain from your stomach muscles cramping. Even your face feels permanently disfigured...LAUGHING!!
Pure joy and laughter, because you cannot have one without the other.
Something my life has been lacking.
But not anymore! Thank you, Lord!!!
There is laughter in our house!!

Ok, so back to the whole "I'm married" thing.

May 12th 2014.

My life changed that day. Little did I know I had just met the man I would later call my husband.
So, we met on Christian Mingle. Yep. The internet. I've never been a huge fan of the internet dating scene. Just soooo many horror stories. And in my mind, that wasn't a romantic way to meet someone. But who am I kidding? I didn't need romance. Not after the roller coaster from hell I'd been on.....

 I still had my reservations about it though, for several reasons.

First, I trust people waaaaayyyy to easily. There are some sick freaks out there!! Yes, even on a Christian dating site. And I knew that. Which is why I had to be very careful. I didn't want to end up on the news as a missing person only to turn up 10 years later after being discovered chained up in someone's basement...no.

Second, "Hello. My name is Mary and I am a doormat". "Jump off of a bridge? Ok."
I was really trying to find myself and I didn't want to wake up one day and realize I was right back where I started.

Third, like I said before. It doesn't make for a very romantic story....I'm not completely unrealistic, but, selfishly, I still want the fairy tale.

And quite frankly, I had very little faith that I would find anyone with any sort of moral value. It's a show! The internet is just a show. A way to hide behind a computer and make up a life that is perfect. Everything you've ever dreamed of...and once you've emotionally invested, the ugly truth shows its face. And none of that interested me.

But I'm still a sucker for the fairy tale. And decided, despite my better judgment, I'd see what all the fuss was about.

Approximately a month.

That's how long I browsed before he found me. And even then, it took me a while to decide whether or not I would respond to him.

I did. Duh.

We talked back and forth for about a week before we decided to meet.
Talk about Ner.Vous!! I was shaking like a leaf when he came to pick me up. Yep. You heard me. Little Ms. I Trust Everyone just gave a stranger her address. What?! Pull your head out girl!! Sheesh! That should be on Internet Dating 101, but I........but nothing. No excuse. That was just stupid. Period. Luckily, once again, God had my back. Instead of teaching me a lesson on common sense with a sick nut, he gave me a free pass with a charming and handsome cowboy.

I loved our first date. It was perfect.

Dinner at Red Lobster. Putt putt at Sports World in the middle of the Dust Bowl and then drinks at 7 Bar & Grill. The conversation was great! No awkward silence (like all of us introverts worry about).
Just fun.
Made our relationship official (on FB of course) on August 1st, 2014
at the play Texas in Palo Duro Canyon
His story is pretty similar to mine, which I love because he knows exactly how I feel sometimes. He's already been there and done that. So there's no guessing when a situation pops up. We both understand each other. Finally! Someone who understands me...mostly. He already knows what my future (with kids) holds. The struggles, the expense, the utter chaos!!!....and he picked me anyway!! Some day, when my kids are parents themselves (when they are graduated from college, in their 30's and married....in that order!!!), my kids will truly appreciate the man he is to them and for them.
He has three kids too....we are the Brady Bunch!!!!
Two sons and a daughter, which makes three of each....like the Brady Bunch. ;)
I haven't had the chance to get to know his daughter since she doesn't live here, but those boys? They are something else. I've never been more impressed with two "juvenile delinquents"...as my dad would call them. They are the most polite, respectful and, mostly, responsible young men that I have come across in a long time. A true representation of a great daddy. And of course, my son is their biggest fan.
A very proud daddy
Thanksgiving 2014


Being his girlfriend.........best time of my life!!
From the phone calls that lasted until early morning hours, the date nights, the last minute mini weekend trips, to the times just sitting on the couch watching a movie.....the BUTTERFLIES!! All of it was just perfect. I don't know if I will ever be able to accurately express to him how much I love him. But I have a long time to try....the rest of my life to be exact. ;)
I could go on and on and on and on........and will in a future post (we haven't even gotten to the proposal yet :)......but what it boils down to is, he is my gift from God and our lives have been blessed 100% by this man.






No comments:

Post a Comment