Ok....I almost feel like I need to introduce myself. The last 6 months of my life has been like an enormous roller coaster. I am happy to announce that I have been put on "crazy" pills :) and am feeling like me again. So, lets try this again....Hi! My name is Mary Lodholm. I have been married for 9 years now and have 4 terrific kids. Their names are Bailee-9, Kenzie-8, Braxton-4 and Madison-3. Whew!!! Glad we got that out of the way :)
So, what's been going on in my life? Dumb question! I have four kids....a LOT is going on.
My husband, Kyle, has been going to school and I am so proud of him! This summer was his third semester and he has done terrific. The fall semester is fixing to start and I am little more nervous than the previous semesters. With the way his classes were set up before, he was only going to class twice a week, in the evenings. And we have been extremely lucky....until now. His luck has run out on 1/2 semester classes and now will have to take two classes the whole semester which means we will not be seeing him Monday through Thursday. It should be interesting.
My oldest daughter, Bailee, just turned nine and considering what she has been through in her short life, she is a pretty good kid. For the last four years, she has been participating in gymnastics. She has decided this summer that she no longer wants to do gymnastics. She has slipped into her lazy phase. If anyone has any suggestions on extra-curricular activities for a lazy nine year old, let me know. OH!!! I almost forgot!! I think we may be entering the "bra" stage very soon. WHAT?!? I am not ready for this! New subject.....
My middle daughter, Kenzie, is eight years old and is fixing to start 3rd grade. She is my prim a ballerina. She started her dancing career when she was three years old and she still absolutely loves it. She is my happy child that completely loves life. She doesn't know a stranger and wants to help anyone she comes in contact with. She has the most loving little heart I have ever seen in a child. And...thinks she is going to marry Justin Beiber! WHAT is going on with my girls?!? I do remember when I was a younger girl liking boys, but I'm pretty sure I was in middle school before I thought boys were even human! Luckily, her crushes are still completely innocent and even kind of cute :) Moving on...
My one and only son, Braxton, is four years old and he aspires to be the next super hero. He has been unable to put a name to himself, but knows that someday there will be a movie made for him. LOL!! He is so funny!! He has been trying gymnastics out for a little while, now, but I think my little superhero needs to give sports a try. Suggestions please. I am sad to say that my little man will be starting school this year....I don't even have words to express how I feel about it. He is more than thrilled to be going to "big" school which I am happy about. It will make that first drop off that much easier for me. Don't get me wrong, though. I will still be sobbing like a baby. That will be post all on its own.
And last, but not least, my youngest daughter, Madison. She just turned three and thinks she runs this house....well, maybe she does, but that is besides the point. To be quite honest, she is the one that acts most like me which is probably why we can't stand each other most of the time :) She is following in Kenzie's footsteps with ballet and it is so cute to watch, the big sister helping the little sister...melts my heart. By being the youngest, she is by far the loudest and bossiest of them all! She will also be starting school (pre-school) this year. She is so excited!
We are definitely in a transition period, but I am feeling a lot more positive in life. I am excited to see what God has in store for our family.


No comments:
Post a Comment