...

...
Mr. & Mrs.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The "Scoop"

We are definitely in a time of transition in our family in ALL areas. For most of you, you already know what is going on with the "Bailee situation". For those that don't, I will give a brief overview....

When Bailee was four years old, an investigation was opened with CPS against Bailee's biological mother, who we will call.....Megan. Bailee was placed with us temporarily while she went through the CPS process to get her back, which did not happen. We ended up getting custody of her and life went on....for a while.

When Bailee was six years old, fixing to have her seventh birthday, she went to "Megan's" house for the month of July, which was part of the agreement in standard visitation. In that month, we get to choose what weekend WE want. We choose the weekend closest to her birthday, obviously...So, she comes over that Friday and things were great. The next day, however, Bailee informs Kyle and I that "Megan" took Bailee to a hotel for the night so that they could hang out, swim, whatever...great!! That sounds fun, we thought. Then she proceeds to tell us that her mom tucked her into bed and left....SHE LEFT!!! Let me say again....SHE LEFT HER DAUGHTER AT THE HOTEL!!!! We weren't sure what we could do, so we called the CPS hotline to make a report...if nothing else, we reported it. We tell them what is going on and because of "Megan's" history with them, they launch another investigation and Bailee does not return for the rest of the month and cannot have any contact with her mom at all until further notice.

Fast forwarding a bit....so for the next year and a half, we have dealt with her lying, drugs, her family (which explains some of her dysfunction), rehabs, CPS, etc.... We finally have to close our case with CPS because she pretty much refused to comply with EVERYTHING they asked her to do....since then, she has spent over a month in jail for burglary of a habitation, she is now on probation for the next three years with a felony conviction and today we were officially informed that she is, in fact, pregnant again.

There is a little back ground and some reasons for why we were trying to pursue adoption. There is A LOT more to the story, but you can see the big picture. We are still doing supervised visitation and the stress of the open court case is wearing on ALL of us. We have had enough!! So, Kyle and I finally talk about how maybe we are being to hard on her...I know it sounds crazy, but I had to step away from my obsession with ....HER! I was constantly trying to figure out what she was doing, where she was going, what she was lying about....I had to finally just STOP! Once I got away from that, I felt like I was just trying to "win". So, back to me and Kyle talking....we talked about giving up the adoption/removal of rights and giving her another shot, her LAST shot. She is on probation and has another baby on the way, if she screws up this time....it's OVER!!

So we call her and invite her to come over and talk about our situation. I was so nervous all morning!!! We all don't just sit down in a room together and expect things to go well...so things started out ok, we all could tell we were all on edge, trying so hard not to piss each other off by choice of wording. The ice was broken and we saw the "sober Megan". We haven't seen her in so long, we forgot how easy it was to get along with her. The talk was pleasant, concerns were voiced without fighting and we were, in fact, able to reach an agreement. We are beyond excited to have ALL of this finally over and some normalcy back in our lives. Please continue to pray for us though. No papers have been drawn up and signed yet, so we are still a little anxious that she may change her mind. Also, continue to pray for "Megan". She has one of the biggest holes to dig out of that I have ever seen. Her life is fixing to change in such a big way and she doesn't have a clue. And pray for Bailee too, "Megan" has not told her about the baby yet. I'm sure she will be excited for a new sister...it's a girl...but, her life on that side of the family is going to change in a big way too.

A lot of things are happening right now and I am just hoping and praying that we are making the right decisions....God's decisions....

1 comment:

  1. I was so glad to hear the news from Kyle on the phone today. Continuing to pray that God's will be done in the situation, and that she doesn't back out of her decision.

    ReplyDelete