...

...
Mr. & Mrs.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Smoking or Non?

For anyone who has known me for any length of time, knows one thing for sure.....I am a smoker. Or, used to be :) That is correct!! I finally quit smoking!! I recently challenged my husband to a life where we didn't have to "excuse" ourselves everywhere we went. This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time now, I just had to get him on board. Our official "quit" date was July 18th and tomorrow marks our first month of no nicotine!! .....and I still want one so bad!! The cravings have been harder for me. My husband is taking Chantix, which is amazing for him because I truly believe he would not have quit otherwise. I, on the other hand, am not....I have tried to replace my addiction with many different things: gum, peppermints, oatmeal (don't ask)....nothing seems to replace the satisfaction that a cigarette gives me, except one thing.....you will never guess. Go ahead, try......WATERING MY GRASS!!! I told you you would never guess. Needless to say, I have the BEST looking yard on the entire block and a water bill to prove it.  :)  Although we have done exceptionally well this last month, eventually winter will approach and then watering my grass will no longer be possible. I am desperately trying to find something else to satisfy my addictive behavior. I would appreciate any and all suggestions from those who have also quit. I am so glad that He has gotten me this far, I just hope that I don't screw it up!





Please pray for my husband and I that we can be encouragement to one another. And if one us should fall, the other will have compassion and understanding. And pray for me, again....this is another part of what I feel is my identity....another hole I will have to fill.
So, to end on a more positive note, which I am trying to do more of these days...if you are my friend, and smoke....STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!  Ha ha ha!! Just kidding, sort of :)

2 comments:

  1. You go, girl! SO proud of you and Kyle! You can do it! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come and cut tutus strips during the winter! LOL I'm SO proud of you guys! What a testimony to your children! Way to change your family tree! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete